The Ute Mountain Casino Hotel in Towaoc was the state’s first casino and still remains one of the most popular gambling destinations. It is one of Colorado’s two Native American casinos offering 32,000 square feet of games floor home to nearly 800 slots, six table games, and a 400-seat bingo hall.
- Address: 3 Weeminuche Drive, Towaoc, CO 81334
- Opening Times: 24 hours, seven days per week
- Hotel: Yes
- Loyalty Program: Mountain Rewards loyalty program
- Gaming: 780 slot and video machines, six table games, and a 400-seat bingo hall
- Restaurants and Bars: Kuchu’s Restaurant, Charley Biggs, and Snack Bar
Slots and Video Machines
The Ute Mountain Casino has over 780 slots and video poker machines so you have plenty of choice. They cover a range of paylines and have over 50 multi-denomination games, video keno, video poker, and more!
There are also several progressive jackpot slots linked up to other casinos in Colorado:
- Warrior: Currently at $1180.67 and must hit by $1,500
- Chief: Currently at $3422.50 and must hit by $5,000
- Legendary Jackpot: Currently at $10,990.32 and must hit by $20,000
There are six table games you can play at the Ute Mountain Casino. Here is what is on offer:
- 3-Card Poker
- Ultimate Texas Hold’Em Poker
They also have a “King Bounty Blackjack Side Bet” where you can win up to 500 times the value of your wager! If you are new to table games, ask the friendly dealers and they will be happy to help explain the rules and get you started.
Alongside its casino games, the Ute Mountain Casino is home to a 400-seat bingo hall running bingo games most days of the week. Here is their current bingo schedule:
- Monday, Thursday, Friday, & Saturday: 7pm & 7.30pm
- Sunday: 2.30pm & 3pm
- Tuesday & Wednesday: No bingo
Casino Loyalty Program
Mountain Rewards is the name of the loyalty program in place at the Ute Mountain Casino Hotel. Membership is free and as you play in the casino you earn points that you can use to redeem free meals, hotel stays, and casino merchandise. All members also receive exclusive offers and promotions. The more points you earn, the higher the tier you sit, and the better perks you are given. The tiers and the points needed to qualify for each are as follows:
- Basin: 0 – 5,000 points
- Mesa: 5,000 – 25,000 points
- Timberline: 25,000 – 75,000 points
- Pinnacle: 75,000+ points
Sports gambling is now legal in Colorado! As of 1st May 2020, all casinos in the state can roll out retail sportsbooks on their properties, and the Ute Mountain Casino has expressed an interest in doing so. Unlike Colorado’s mining town casinos, the tribal casinos are not required to receive master licensing to offer sports gambling. It is likely the Ute Mountain Casino will launch an onsite sportsbook when they fully reopen following COVID-19 related closures. The casino can legally also roll out an online sportsbook, but there have been no announcements of any plans for this yet.
There is a large hotel as part of the Ute Mountain Casino Resort with the following accommodation options:
- King Room: King-sized bed
- Double Queen Room: Two queen-sized beds
- Junior Suite: King-sized bed with seating area and sofa bed
- Full Suite: Separate bedroom with a king-sized bed and a living area with a sofa bed and kitchenette
- Jacuzzi Suite: King-sized bed, bathroom with walk-in shower, in-room private jacuzzi, and a seating area with a sofa bed
In addition to this, all rooms have complimentary Wi-Fi, flat-screen televisions, and private balconies complete with bistro seating to take in the beautiful mountain views. Moreover, the hotel has plenty of amenities inclusive of an indoor pool, sauna, and fitness center.
Alongside the hotel rooms, there is also an RV and camping park open seasonally. They have 30 or 50Amp hook-up spaces, or tent spots inclusive of power and water. There is also a picnic and grill area, dump station, and access to laundry, shower, and pool facilities.
Dining and Bars
There are three dining options at the Ute Mountain Casino Hotel. Kuchu’s Restaurant is open from 7am daily serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner. On their menu, you will find a range of breakfast dishes, sandwiches, salads, burgers, and steaks. The restaurant also runs different buffet options each day of the week:
- Casino Lunch Buffet: From 11am – 2pm Monday to Friday for $9.99. The meals on offer change depending on the day of the week.
- Sunday Breakfast Buffet: From 7am – 1pm on Sundays serving all-you-can-eat breakfast for $12.99.
- Prime Rib Buffet: From 4pm – 11pm on Saturdays for $14.99.
- Seafood & Prime Rib Buffet: From 4pm – 11pm on Sundays serving all-you-can-eat for $29.99. Mountain Club members in the upper three tiers receive a discount of 5-25%.
- Native Buffet: From 5pm – close on Thursdays serving roast mutton ribs, stew, and more for £10.99.
The second onsite restaurant is Charley Biggs which you will find in the Travel Center next to the casino. They serve fried chicken from lunch through to dinner time, great for a meal or a quick snack.
Lastly, the casino’s Snack Bar located on the casino games floor serves a range of food so you can grab a quick bite and be back at your machine in no time. They are open from noon until late and serve wings, hotdogs, croissants, and nachos amongst smaller bites.
In Colorado, laws in place mean all forms of online casino gambling for real money are illegal. As such, the Ute Mountain Casino does not offer any online slots, table games, or poker for real cash. You can now legally partake in internet sports betting and many mobile apps have launched following the kick-off date on 1st May 2020. However, the Ute Mountain Casino has not released an online sportsbook or revealed any plans of doing so.