The Lodge Casino dates back to 1998 and at the time was the biggest casino in Black Hawk. Today, you will find nearly 1,000 slot and video machines, 20 table games, and 6 poker tables in the luxurious property. There is also a 50-room hotel attached and several on-site restaurants.
The casino operator is Jacobs Entertainment Inc. who also owns the Gilpin Casino in Black Hawk amongst several other casinos across the United States. With a well-known operator and a large games floor, it is not surprising this is one of the most popular casinos in Black Hawk.
- Address: 240 Main Street, Black Hawk, CO 80422
- Opening Times: 24 hours, seven days per week
- Hotel: Yes
- Loyalty Program: Winners Club loyalty program
- Gaming: 963 slot machines, 20 table games, and 6 poker tables
- Restaurants and Bars: Jakes Deli, Seasons Buffet, The White Buffalo Grille, and Cinnabon
There are 963 slot and video poker machines to choose from at The Lodge Casino, from classic reels up to the most modern machines on the market today. The games also run from penny slots such as IGTs Wheel of Fortune starting at $0.05, up to larger wagers.
Alongside their impressive slot collection, there are also 20 live-action table games and 6 poker tables. Included are Blackjack, Roulette, 3-Card Poker, and Craps.
Casino Loyalty Program
The Lodge Casino has a loyalty rewards program called the Winners Club which it shares with The Gilpin Casino. This is a five-tiered points program where points are earnt as money is spent in the casino. You earn 1 point for every $2 spent on slots and every $4 spent on video poker. Membership is free and all new members will receive 50 points when signing up. If you earn 100 points in the casino on the same day, you will also get a chance to win $100 cash. You can also enjoy a free buffet meal at the Seasons Buffet.
All sign-ups start in the lowest Base Card level. You then progress up through the levels as follows:
- Silver Tier: 30,000 – 75,000 points
- Gold Tier: 75,000 – 150,000 points
- Platinum Tier: 150,000 – 250,000 points
- Millennium Tier: 250,000+ points
You must earn the points over a six-month period to qualify for each tier. All members receive selective offers, free-play, cash prizes, and more. The higher the tier you sit in, the more your points are worth, and the more exclusive offers become available to you with bigger and better prizes.
With the recent changes in the laws outlining gambling in Colorado, sports betting has been made legal. Casinos can, therefore, legally offer on-site and online sports gambling as of 1st May 2020. The Lodge Casino has had its master license approved though has yet to roll out a sportsbook. Jacob’s Entertainment Inc. has also partnered with SuperBook and theScore Bet to launch an online sportsbook in the coming months, but a release date has not been given. Given this, currently, there are no sportsbook services offered by The Lodge Casino.
Attached to the Lodge Casino is a 50-room hotel offering both king and queen rooms, and three suite rooms for those wanting that extra luxury. There are both smoking and non-smoking rooms available, and all rooms come with complimentary Wi-Fi. All military members and first responders are entitled to 20% off their hotel stay.
This is an adult-only hotel and no minors are able to stay. If you are staying with children, check out the Ameristar Casino Resort & Spa that is opposite which has a huge 500 room hotel and is the largest casino in Black Hawk.
Dining and Bars
There are four restaurants at The Lodge Casino which provide guests with a range of dining options:
- Jake’s Deli: Casual deli-style restaurant offering sandwiches, burgers, burritos, fries, and more for a quick bite between games. Opening times are from 10.30am – 11pm every day.
- Seasons Buffet: A buffet restaurant featuring dishes from around the world and a great value for money option compared to other casinos. They serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner between 7.30am and 9.30am Sunday to Thursday, and until 11pm on Friday and Saturday. At weekends there is also a brunch menu available.
- The White Buffalo Grille: For a fine dining experience, head to The White Buffalo Grille. They serve succulent steaks and seafood and are located on the bridge of the casino providing outstanding views. Opening times are from 4pm – 9pm Sunday, Monday, & Thursday and from 4pm – 10pm Friday & Saturday. On Tuesday and Wednesday evenings the restaurant is closed.
- Cinnabon: Bakery famous for their cinnamon rolls open from 7am – 11pm Monday to Thursday and 7am – 12am Friday to Sunday.
Currently, all online casino gambling for real money is illegal in Colorado, and so The Lodge Casino does not provide players with any online slot machines or table games. However, on 1st May 2020 online sports gambling was legalized. The operator of the casino, Jacobs Entertainment Inc., has struck a deal with SuperBook and TheScore to bring a mobile sportsbook to the Colorado market. We should, therefore, see online sports betting services for the casino be launched soon. For now, take a look at Colorado’s live mobile sportsbook apps.