Century Casino Inc. is an international entertainment company with properties worldwide, and with two casinos in Colorado: Century Casino & Hotel Central City and Century Casino & Hotel Cripple Creek. Central City’s Century Casino is one of the town’s largest casino properties, comprising of nearly 500 slot machines, 7 table games, and a 26-room hotel. Originally opened in 2006 by Century Casinos Inc. and Tollgate Venture LLC joint venture, the property was bought outright by Century Casinos Inc. in 2007.
The casino is now one of the best gambling spots in Gilpin County, being voted Denver’s Best Casino since 2012. Read on to find out what all the fuss is about.
- Address: 102 Main Street, Central City, CO 80427
- Opening Times: 24 hours, seven days per week
- Hotel: Yes
- Loyalty Program: Player’s Club loyalty program
- Gaming: 500 slots and 7 table games
- Restaurants and Bars: Retro Deli & Tavern and Mid City Grill
Slots and Video Machines
Being one of the town’s largest casinos, at Central City’s Century Casino you will find nearly 500 slot machines. There is a huge variety of machines, ranging from traditional machines, modern games, progressive jackpots, and video poker machines. Expect to see all your favorites such as:
- Blazing 7’s
- Cash Express
- Hold’Em Challenge
- Wheel of Fortune
There is also an impressive selection of penny slots and the option of higher paylines. All Player’s Club members earn points as they play which can be exchanged for free play. You can also use your Player’s Card to reserve a machine!
The Century Casino Central City has more on offer than slot machines; there are also 7 table games for all your gambling needs just a few meters from the slot floor. The following games are on offer:
- Blackjack: Daily from 10am until close
- Roulette: Daily from 10am until close
- Craps: Monday to Wednesday closed, Thursday 12pm until close, Friday & Saturday 2pm until close, and Sunday 1pm until close
The service offered by Century Casino staff is partially the cause of the property’s unbeatable position as Denver’s Best Casino. In fact, the dealers in the Century Casino are known for being some of the best in Central City, so if you are new to gambling do not be shy. The staff will be more than happy to explain game rules and turn you into seasoned gamblers.
Unfortunately, there is no poker offered at the Century Casino & Hotel Central City.
Casino Loyalty Program
There is a Century Casino loyalty program called Player’s Club that is free to join. They have a current promotion on for all new members allowing them to get up to $50 free casino play:
- Earn 10 points on the day of signup and receive $5 free play
- Earn 150 points on the day of signup and receive $10 free play
- Earn 300 points on the day of signup to receive a further $10 free play
- Earn 1,000 points on the day of signup and receive $25 free play
Once a member, all players earn more free play every time they spend in the casino. Two dollars on slots or video machines equates to one point, and 200 points give you $1 free play in Century Casinos. You can also choose to sign up for their mailing list and receive additional offers.
Alongside free casino play, you will also be automatically entered into Insta-Draws for every 50 points earnt where cash prizes are up for grabs. Comp points are also earnt through playing their slots where you can exchange for free meals in the casino’s restaurants or on merchandise.
The Player’s Club program has four tiers:
- Gold: 0 – 60,000 points
- Platinum: 60,000 – 180,000 points
- Platinum Pro: 180,000 – 360,000 points
- Platinum Premier: 360,000+ points
The more points earnt over a six-month period, the higher the tier you sit, and the more rewards and exclusive promotions open up to you. For further details of Player’s Club tiered benefits, take a look here.
Sports gambling is legal in Colorado as of 1st May 2020, and both casinos and online operators are gradually launching sportsbooks. Due to COVID-19 affecting sporting events and casino openings, the Century Casino Central City has yet to offer sports betting on the premises. It is likely that the casino will roll out sports services shortly now the casino has reopened.
Online sports gambling is also legal in Colorado, and Century Casinos have had three licenses approved by the Colorado Limited Gaming Commission, allowing them to collaborate with three online providers. The casino formed a partnership with Circa Sports, an internet sports provider, earlier this year to release a mobile sportsbook. Circa Sports have agreed for IGT’s PlaySports to power their mobile app, who are also behind FanDuel Sportsbook’s app. The second of Century Casino’s sports betting agreements was released on 19th May 2020: they have now formed a second collaboration with online provider Bet365. Bet365 is one of the world’s largest internet sports gambling providers and we should see this coming to Colorado in the coming future. Due to the coronavirus pandemic, it is unclear exactly when these apps will launch.
There is a hotel attached to the Century Casino & Hotel at Central City which is home to 26 boutique rooms. You have a choice of the following room type:
- King Room: Sleeps two guests
- Double Queen Room: Sleeps four guests
- Suite: Sleeps four guests and have lounge areas plus extra amenities such as an in-room jacuzzi and fireplace
All rooms also come with complimentary Wi-Fi, pillow-top mattresses, anda flatscreen TV. As the Century Casino & Hotel is a small hotel the service is known to be impeccable; just make sure you make a reservation early so you can bag your ideal stay!
Dining and Bars
There are two dining options at the Century Casino & Hotel in Central City. Both are the only family-friendly casino restaurants in Central City:
- Mid City Grill: Open from 8am every day serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The restaurant is away from the games floor for a quieter and secluded dining experience serving a selection of burgers, sandwiches, and specials.
- Retro Deli & Tavern: Open from 10.30am until 1.30am Sunday to Thursday, and until 3am on Fridays and Saturdays. This is a grab ‘n go style restaurant offering a range of quick bites including sandwiches, hotdogs, and their “create your own” noodle bar.
You will also find a 24-hour bar on site, offering beers, wine, cocktails, and complimentary machine-side drinks for all players. All Player’s Club members also receive a free prime rib special or soup ‘n salad buffet if 100 points are earnt that day.
In Colorado, it is illegal to place any real money wagers online on casino games. This is inclusive of online slots, table games, and poker. Therefore, Century Casino does not offer any form of online casino gambling for real money.
However, as of 1st May 2020, online sports betting for real money is legal. While Century Casino has not yet released any online sportsbooks, they have been approved three licenses allowing them to partner with online providers. They have already secured deals with Circa Sports and recently Bet365. We should see these sites entering the Colorado internet sports market soon. They also have one further license remaining, but it is yet to be seen who they will choose for their final collaboration. For now, take a look at the sportsbook mobile apps currently live in the state.